Optica’s zVT family of virtual tape products are designed to serve the needs of the most demanding mainframe datacenters around the world. zVT products provide transparent support for all mainframe operating systems and tape management systems and are easy to install implement and manage. All zVT products are built on a reliable, third generation hardware platform, and include Optica’s world-class service and support and satisfaction guarantee. The zVT family is available in three models to serve a wide variety of customer requirements; the zVT 5000-iNAS, the zVT 5000-FLEX and the zVT 3000i.
zVT 3000i is an affordable, all-in-one mainframe virtual tape solution. The zVT 3000i connects to the mainframe via (2) FICON interfaces. The zVT 3000i includes license support for 8 virtual tape devices and provides 4TB of RAID5 protected storage repository space, all in a single 2U appliance. The zVT 3000i comes pre-configured for easy installation. It’s perfect for customer with smaller, well-defined backup requirements and 3490/3590 tape replacement.
- (2) 8Gb FICON interfaces (host)*
- Support for (8) virtual tape drives
- 4TB of internal RAID-5 storage
- 3490 and 3590 tape emulation support
- Flexible management via GUI, cli, or JCL interfaces
- Integrated migration tools
- Affordable, all-in-one solution
- Easy to install, implement and manage
- Perfect replacement for physical tape
- Deploy with no impact to tape operations or applications
- Improve reliability, integrity, and performance of backup and recovery
- Improve Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) and Recovery Point Objectives (RPO)
*available with (4) ESCON channels as well