Optica’s zVT family of virtual tape products are designed to serve the needs of the most demanding mainframe datacenters around the world. zVT products provide transparent support for all mainframe operating systems and tape management systems and are easy to install implement and manage. All zVT products are built on a reliable, third generation hardware platform, and include Optica’s world-class service and support and satisfaction guarantee. The zVT family is available in three models to serve a wide variety of customer requirements; the zVT 5000-iNAS, the zVT 5000-FLEX and the zVT 3000i.
zVT 5000-iNAS combines the zVT and NFS storage into a single offering. The zVT 5000-iNAS connects to the mainframe via (2) FICON channels and can scale from 16 to 256 virtual tape devices in a single 2U appliance. zVT 5000-iNAS ships standard with (2) 1-GbE ports and can be pre-configured with (2) 10-GbE for improved performance. The zVT 5000-iNAS provides NFS storage capacity from 8TB to 1PB in a single frame with deduplication (standard) and support for compression, replication and encryption features. The zVT 5000-iNAS is also available with multi-node configuration support for additional scalability and resiliency.
- (2) 8Gb FICON interfaces (host)*
- Available with 1GbE (standard) or 10GbE dual port connectivity
- Raw NFS storage capacity from 8TB to 1PB in a single frame
- Available with deduplication, compression, replication and encryption
- Support for up to 256 virtual tape drives per appliance (node)
- 3490 and 3590 tape emulation support
- Flexible management via GUI, cli, or JCL interfaces
- Multi-node support for advanced scalability and resiliency**
- Integrated migration tools
- An integrated virtual tape solution
- Flexible, scalable, resilient and affordable
- Easy to install, implement and manage
- Deploy with no impact to tape operations or applications
- Improve reliability, integrity, and performance of backup and recovery
- Improve Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) and Recovery Point Objectives (RPO)
*available with (4) ESCON channels
**multi-node support is only available for NFS environments.
"*" indicates a required field.