Optica’s zVT family of virtual tape products are designed to serve the needs of the most demanding mainframe datacenters around the world. zVT products provide transparent support for all mainframe operating systems and tape management systems and are easy to install implement and manage. All zVT products are built on a reliable, third generation hardware platform, and include Optica’s world-class service and support and satisfaction guarantee. The zVT family is available in three models to serve a wide variety of customer requirements; the zVT 5000-iNAS, the zVT 5000-FLEX and the zVT 3000i.
zVT 5000-FLEX enables you to leverage existing investments in NFS or Fibre Channel (FC) storage. zVT 5000-FLEX connects to the mainframe via (2) FICON channels and can scale from 16 to 256 virtual tape devices in a single 2U appliance. zVT 5000-FLEX ships standard with (2) 1-GbE ports and can be pre-configured with (2) 10-GbE or (2) 8-Gbps Fibre Channel ports. The 5000-FLEX exploits deduplication, replication, encryption and compression storage features. The zVT 5000-FLEX is available with multi-node configuration support for additional scalability and resiliency.
- (2) 8Gb FICON interfaces (host)*
- Available with 1GbE, 10GbE or 8Gb FC connectivity (storage)
- Support for up to 256 virtual tape drives per appliance (node)
- 3490 and 3590 tape emulation support
- Flexible management via GUI, cli, or JCL interfaces
- Multi-node support for advanced scalability and resiliency**
- Integrated migration tools
- Leverage your existing storage investment
- Flexible, scalable, resilient and affordable
- Easy to install, implement and manage
- Support for deduplication, compression, replication and encryption
- Deploy with no impact to tape operations or applications
- Improve reliability, integrity, and performance of backup and recovery
- Improve Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) and Recovery Point Objectives (RPO)
*available with (4) ESCON channels
**multi-node support is only available for NFS environments.