Optica’s zVT family of virtual tape products are designed to serve the needs of the most demanding mainframe datacenters around the world. zVT products provide transparent support for all mainframe operating systems and tape management systems and are easy to install, implement and manage. All zVT products are built on a reliable, third generation hardware platform, and include Optica’s world-class service and support and satisfaction guarantee. The zVT family is available in three models to serve a wide variety of customer requirements; the zVT 5000-iNAS, the zVT 5000-FLEX and the zVT 3000i.
zVT 5000-iNAS combines the zVT and NFS storage into a single offering. The zVT 5000-iNAS connects to the mainframe via (2) FICON channels and can scale from 16 to 256 virtual tape devices in a single 2U appliance. zVT 5000-iNAS ships standard with (2) 1-GbE ports and can be pre-configured with (2) 10-GbE for improved performance. The zVT 5000-iNAS provides NFS storage capacity from 8TB to 1PB in a single frame with deduplication (standard) and support for compression, replication and encryption features. The zVT 5000-iNAS is also available with multi-node configuration support for additional scalability and resiliency.
zVT 5000-FLEX enables you to leverage existing investments in NFS or Fibre Channel (FC) storage. zVT 5000-FLEX connects to the mainframe via (2) FICON channels and can scale from 16 to 256 virtual tape devices in a single 2U appliance. zVT 5000-FLEX ships standard with (2) 1-GbE ports and can be pre-configured with (2) 10-GbE or (2) 8-Gbps Fibre Channel ports. The 5000-FLEX exploits deduplication, replication, encryption and compression storage features. The zVT 5000-FLEX is available with multi-node configuration support for additional scalability and resiliency.
zVT 3000i is an affordable, all-in-one mainframe virtual tape solution. The zVT 3000i connects to the mainframe via (2) FICON interfaces. The zVT 3000i includes license support for 8 virtual tape devices and provides 4TB of RAID5 protected storage repository space, all in a single 2U appliance. The zVT 3000i comes pre-configured for easy installation. It’s perfect for customer with smaller, well-defined backup requirements and 3490/3590 tape replacement.
zVT Family Attributes
- Built on a proven, 3rd generation HW platform
- Operating in the world’s most demanding datacenters
- Strategic IBM z Systems partner
- Industry standard AWS file format
- Operating System Support - z/OS, z/VM and z/VSE
- Testing & integration with leading tape backup applications & tools
Scalable & Resilient
- Multi-node configuration support
- Deduplication, replication and encryption features available
- Up to 1PB of storage available in a single cabinet (zVT 5000-iNAS)
World-class Service and Support
- Planning & design
- Configuration & implementation
- Migration tools & services
- Education & skills transfer
- Technical support & maintenance
- If you’re not completely satisfied, return zVT, no questions asked.